Saturday, December 11, 2004

2000 Chateau Chabrot Bordeaux

Farewell Dinner for John and Rachel. Off to Balmer. Rachel: "Pretty smooth." John: "I taste a tang in there. Is it a berry taste? Blackberry?" Rachel: "I would buy this wine again. How much?" John: "I've had $2, $3 wine. I would give it $8, $10." Rachel: "$15-$20. I've had some $2,$3 wine and its no better . . . " John: "This does taste like French wine." Rachel: "I really like Australian wine. This wine is excellent." Josephine: "Dear God, I'm not saying anything. 'Thin' but not bad at all". Mike: "Did you get this at Total Wine?" A.D.: I got it at Harrods, the Knightsbridge store, not the one at Heathrow. . . . Selected for us by the Vintierre who said it would travel well. He also said if you ever get the opportunity to spin a yarn to an American, you should do it." Another blatant falsehood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home